Hands up if you would like to develop your creative social media content skills and:
⇒ You're expected to create social media content on corporate and dry topics, and then make them go viral
⇒ Your workload means you don’t have time to make great content
⇒ You get inspired by courses, but then lose steam and go back to your old way of working
You're not alone!
And there's something you can do to make your audiences go from snoring to seduced!
While understanding the realities of working in comms and marketing, this course will teach you how to make your organisation's content engaging.
In under three hours of study per week, you'll take your skills to the next level, and get brilliant results from your work that you can be proud of.
Learn the most effective secrets of content, and get 9 weeks of inspiration, coaching and support from UK Social Media Marketing Awards winner, Hel Reynolds.
“Just wanted to share the impact of putting Hel's super-dooper advice into practice. Our Facebook engagement has transformed! I have posted ⬇️ 48% less and increased impressions by ⬆️ 268%, users reached by ⬆️ 333% and engagement by ⬆️ 481%. ”Gemma Warren, Group Marketing Manager
“If you're into social media, I'd recommend this creative online course. You'll need to commit a couple of hours per week but the learning is phenomenal - so real time, practical, applicable and 💯 creative and audience focussed. It's ACE.”Josephine Graham, Internal Communications Manager
“As well as being a great space to learn and bounce ideas off each other, this course allows you to catch up when best for you - #flexible #comms 😃 helps when you're as disorganized as me on times 🙌”Natalie Warner, Digital Communications Officer
“This is an amazing course, I registered Abbey from my team and she's now inspired! She has a lot more confidence and is massively more understanding of customers and how to use social media :) You're a comms Wizard!”Lucy Goldsmith, Communications Manager
“It completely changed my way of thinking about how we engage with our customers. I feel far more confident in my job and I also feel like I have more ideas about content. The course has given me the techniques I need to really grow all of our social channels.”Lauren Parsons, Social Media & Digital Coordinator
“It was such a refreshing change to other training courses. Helen is wonderful, so incredibly enthusiastic and supportive. You never feel like you're being preached at or lectured, it's just one comms professional sharing her experiences and wisdom with a group of like-minded comms folk. ”Hannah Ambrose, Communications Manager
“The best thing about the course is being able to experiment with social media after LOTS of inspiration. This has given me the confidence to use my knowledge and express concerns to the team, whilst also allowing me to be more creative. Our social media has made an improvement already!”Joelle Allen, Communications Officer (Campaigns)
“There's always the fear that this is going to be another course that shares the information you already know. This course wasn't the case - it was the way the practical advice was framed - the tips were aimed at people like me, busy and in charge of a number of things”Gemma Warren, Group Marketing Manager
Gain confidence - so you’ll know what to post and feel sure you’re doing the right thing
Develop the skills to create thriving social media communities - your audiences will go from bored to buzzing
Create a plan - that will save you time and ensure your content appeals to your audiences
Stand out from the crowd - you'll create life-long habits that will have a huge impact on your effectiveness at work
Get recognition - you'll achieve the Creative Content Expert Certificate, you'll be able to show colleagues and peers you are a trusted social media expert
PR, communications and marketing professionals. You will develop your expertise and confidence in creating engaging social media content.
In-house or agency staff. You can be a Creative Comms Expert if you're working for a corporate or providing social media services to clients.
Any sector. The lessons we learn apply to your brand whether your brand is business to business, consumer-facing or public sector.
Hel is social media expert who has worked in and with communications and marketing teams for 15 years.
She's on a mission to get you feeling creative, fearless and proud of your work.Strategist, cartoonist and multi-award-winner - she can help you make the most of your talent.
- 20.04.2020 Live webinar: Understanding the new rules of content. Including: How audiences behave - the psychology of sharing; What works on different channels; how algorithms affect our work; Understanding the Comms Creative Content Method..
- BONUS LESSON: Taking a strategic approach to your entire social media operation
- 27.04.2020 Live webinar: First steps in applying the Comms Creative Content Method - goal setting; audience segmentation, and culture maps. Including: Prioritising SMART objectives; Prioritising audiences; Culture mapping.
- 04.05.2020 Live webinar: Audience booster content. Including: Conversation content types that get your audiences talking.
- 11.05.20 Live webinar: The content that works best on each of the channels. Including: Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook pages and groups, and Instagram posts and Stories
- 18.05.2020 Live webinar: Flipped stories, social copywriting, Including: Making your stories and promotions more audience-focused; Irresistible copy and hashtags for tweets, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram.
- 26.05.2020 Live webinar: How to design and create great video and visuals. Including: The elements of a video that gets watched to the end; Designing a storyboarded video; Making the most of your on-the-go video; The elements of an engaging graphic;
- 08.06.2020 Live webinar: The art and science of storytelling on social media. Including: Key storytelling elements that bring your story to life; Which stories work on which platforms.
- 15.06.20 Webinar: Content planning. Including: Your core content planner; Plan and implement your commenting strategy; Considering lead magnets; Last minute content; Personal goal-setting and accountability.
- 22.06.2010 Webinar: Getting management and staff buy-in. Goal setting for internal influencing; Internal networks - the power/interest plan ; Sharing good practice; A template for internal reporting; Tackling internal and external obstacles.
- Video lesson: Managing a busy workload when you feel like you're spinning lots of plates.
- Video lesson: Dealing with negative posts
- Guide: Dealing with negative social media comments – dos and don’ts
Complete cost per person
When does the course start?
Officially, it starts on October 14th 2019. A welcome video with some pre-course preparation will be released, so you'll have time to prepare before the first live lesson. This prep work will consist of a video where Hel describes how the course will work, how you submit homework and she'll go through some FAQs. You'll also have a form to complete that covers identifying where you are with social media content, and making me aware of aims and objectives you may already have at work for the next six months, plus particular campaigns, promotions or stories coming up that you'd like to engage your audiences with. The first live lesson is at 11am on Monday September 21st.
When are the live lessons?
Each webinar will be on Mondays at 11am. There will be the lesson which will last between 90 minutes and two hours. When the lesson is finished, we go into Q&A and you can ask anything that's on your mind.
What if I can't make the live lessons?
All the lessons are recorded and added to the learning area by 6pm that Monday. You can catch up whenever you like, you have access to this course for a year so take your time if you need to. And there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions in our Facebook study group right up until the end of June 2020, if you can't make the live Q&A.
How much time will this take?
You need to invest a minimum of two and a half hours per week. This includes time watching the webinar and the time it takes to do homework each week. This is kept manageable because most teams I train have very limited time on their hands!
I already know my stuff, is this course going to be the right level for me?
I teach comms and marketing professionals at intermediate and advanced stage - so if you're not already confident with posting and managing social media for your brand, it's probably not for you. This is absolutely a course about innovative and strategic approaches, but with a focus on practical tactics. So although it is more practical than academic, it is underpinned by solid theory and much experience as a former communications and digital manager. Everyone in the group will be challenged and inspired, and because we can chat in our small private Facebook study group, I can tailor advice I give to each individual.
Is this for comms and marketing in B2B, public sector, or consumer brands?
The course is about social media content generally - so we discuss general principles and techniques and then how they apply to the different cultures and audience expectation on each platform. You'll find a variety of case studies from all sorts of brands, big and small - and what we cover on the course can be applied to any industry or sector.